THE FREEDOM WAY
The Freedom Way is a snapshot of the things we value at Freedom Church. While it’s not our belief system, it does guide us in making decisions.
1. WE ARE FREEDOM CHURCHWe exist so that people far from God can experience life in Christ. Experiencing life in Christ is more than an event to be celebrated. It is a lifelong process to be enjoyed. (Luke 19:10)
2. WE EXPECT THE UNEXPECTEDWhat we have experienced can only be explained by the power of God. We will continue to set lofty goals. We will advance in faith. We will watch God work. (John 14:12)
3. WE PUT GOD TO THE TESTGod made us a promise and we will take Him at His Word. Since generosity is a trust issue, we choose to believe God by leading the way in sacrificial giving. It is not about what God wants from us, but what He wants for us. (Malachi 3)
4. WE REFUSE TO BE GOODGood is the enemy of great. Excellence isn’t a value; it is a necessity. (Colossians 3:23)
5. WE ARE LETTING GOFreedom is fueled by volunteers. We will empower people for their ministry, not just recruit them to ours. (Ephesians 4:11-12)
6. WE WILL EMBRACE EVOLUTIONWe have an insatiable appetite to grow and learn. As a result, we will consistently add jars to this house in order to prepare for the blessing of God. (1 Kings 17:7-16)
7. WE ARE NOT IN THE CATERING BUSINESSWe bow to Jesus and not the personal preferences of those around us. We are more concerned with the people that we are trying to reach than those we are trying to keep. This is His church and we are honored to be a part! (Philippians 2:9-11)
8. WE’VE GOT YOUR BACKWe freely give honor to those above, beside and under us because of the calling and potential that God has placed inside of them.